18 mar. 2009

Flannery O'Connor

"A life of Flannery O'Connor" de Brad Gooch, o biografie care mi-a starnit interesul. Am dat intamplator peste un articol despre O'Connor, n-am citit nimic scris de ea, dar ca niciodata as vrea sa o descopar inainte de a-i rasfoi cartile. 

O'Connor described herself as a "pigeon-toed child with a receding chin and a you-leave-me-alone-or-I'll-bite-you complex." When O'Connor was six she taught a chicken to walk backwards, and it was this that led to her first experience of being a celebrity. The Pathé News people filmed "Little Mary O'Connor" with her trained chicken, and showed the film around the country. She said, "When I was six I had a chicken that walked backward and was in the Pathe News. I was in it too with the chicken. I was just there to assist the chicken but it was the high point in my life. Everything since has been anticlimax.”

Niciun comentariu: